Coach Steven B. Rood Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of the Fund shall be to honor and the memory of Steven B. Rood by providing an annual scholarship based on the following criteria:
- The award will be made to one (1) female and one (1) male Venango County graduating senior;
- The recipients must be students that are graduating seniors at Venango County high schools and have been enrolled at a Venango County high school for at least three (3) years prior to graduating;
- The recipients should exhibit characteristics of leadership, work ethic, commitment, and sportsmanship in the areas of athletic programs, extra-curricular activities, and community involvement;
- The scholarships awards will be for one year.
- The scholarships will be awarded in amounts of at least $500 each for one year, based upon the availability of funds as determined by the scholarship committee.
- This scholarship award will be granted only to persons who attend an accredited post-secondary certificate program, technical school, vocational school, trade school, or college that is less than a four (4) year program (i.e. a non-baccalaureate program). Scholarship awards will be granted only to persons who attends a college, university, technical or trade schools that are described in the Internal Revenue Code Sec 170(b)(A)(ii). Scholarship grants will be disbursed only for the benefit of applicants who are accepted by and in actual attendance at such institutions.